The Law Society Library offers a practical collection of publications which aims to meet the information needs of solicitors practising in NSW.
Library Holiday Closures
- The Library will be closed on Wednesday 20 December 2023 from 12pm due to a team event.
- The Library will be closed and all Library services will conclude for the year at 12pm on Friday 22 December 2023 and return at 9am on Monday 8 January 2024.
Where possible, please submit all requests for assistance to email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 15 December 2023.
Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Services & Facilities
Solicitors with current NSW practising certificates may avail themselves of the following Library services and facilities:
- An 18,000-volume library collection comprising of law reports, practice books, text books and journals.
- A curated digital collection of key practice books and text books.
- An easy to navigate library catalogue with 'select and request' functionality.
- Directional and research assistance from an experienced team of librarians. Click here for associated costs.
- Postal and DX deliveries to country and suburban solicitors.
- Quiet study areas when attending the Library.
- Public access terminals with complimentary access to the internet as well as to a number of online subscription services.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Self-service printing and photocopying facilities. Click here for associated costs.
- A selection of daily newspapers for reading when attending the Library.
Current to COB 1 December 2023.
|Photocopying / printing
||25c per page
||$25.00 for up to 50 pages
and 50c per page thereafter
|Library card application
||$10.00 per item
Replacement costs for non-returned items may also be applied
As of 4 December 2023, the following charges will apply.
|Photocopying / printing (per page)
|Reference enquiries (less than 30 minutes) *
|Photocopying or printing undertaken by library staff on your behalf (up to 50 pages) *
|Photocopying or printing undertaken by library staff on your behalf - Additional pages (per page) *
|Delivery costs for forward Express Post deliveries
|Note: Return delivery costs are your responsibility *
|Research First 30 minutes *
|Research – Additional time (per hour) △ *
|Research (Urgent) – Additional time (per hour) △ *
|Library cards *
- New application; or,
- Request for replacement
|Fines for late return of library resources (per item) *
|Resource replacement administration fee (per transaction) *
|Note: Replacement costs for each non-returned item will also be applied *
|Requests for loans of titles not held within the Law Society's collection - Core (4 days turnaround time) (per loan)
|Requests for loans of titles not held within the Law Society's collection - Rush (48 hours turnaround time) (per loan)
|Requests for an article, case or book chapter not held within the Law Society's collection - Core (4 days turnaround time) (per case/article/chapter up to 25 pages) *
|Requests for an article, case or book chapter not held within the Law Society’s collection – Rush (48hr turnaround time) (per case/article/chapter up to 25 pages) *
|Requests for an article, case or book chapter not held within the Law Society's collection - Additional 25 pages or part thereof *
|Requests for loans of titles not held within the Law Society's collection - 3kg Express Post bag *
*This service is only available to NSW solicitors who hold a current NSW practising certificate. This service is not available to students or LSNSW associate members.
△ An estimate will be provided prior to commencing a research task.
The Law Society of New South Wales
170 Phillip Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
DX 362 SYDNEY
Hours of Operation
9am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
The Library is not available on public holidays.