The Wollongong and District Law Society represents the areas of Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama.
"Our objective as the Wollongong & District Law Society is to apply a community based approach to lobbying on key issues which affect our legal professional at local level".
"It is important as advocates of the community that we support local initiatives and address any concerns the community may have in relation to the legal profession".
"We also aim to educate young lawyers and provide opportunities for members to collaborate together and share resources".
"Our members come from a number of different working backgrounds and have a wide range of expertise in various areas of law".
"Our regional lawyers also offer a comparable experience to lawyers located in Sydney Firms".
"We invite all working practitioners in the area, who haven't done so already to become a member and participate in sharing their ideas and experiences with their legal peers".
Meetings of the executive are to take place every three months and the Annual General Meeting is usually held each February.
The Wollongong and Regional Law Society held its last AGM in February 2019.
At the AGM, positions for the executive were made available with the following being elected to various positions:
- President - Lorelle Longbottom of DGB Lawyers
- Vice President - Katharine Young of Nikolovski Lawyers
- Junior Vice President - Bradley Peterson of RMB Lawyers
- Treasurer - Martin Culleton of RMB Lawyers
- Young Lawyers Representative - Claire Bourke of RMB Lawyers
Other representatives for the Wollongong and District Law Society are:
- Social Secretary - Graeme Morrison of Morrisons Law
- Family Law Chair - Lorelle Longbottom of DGB Lawyers
- Conveyancing Chair - Robert Webley of Robert Webley & Associates
- Litigation Chair - Chris Nikolovski or Nikolovski Lawyers
Membership fees are $55.00 per person
Click here to download the membership form
Please contact Martin Culleton, Treasurer of Wollongong & District Law Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.