COVID-19 has accelerated the take-up of technology and new applications of data analytics. Businesses, law firms, government agencies, executives and their lawyers have rapidly adapted how they do business to enable operational continuity.
The challenge is now evaluating and managing new risks from new operating arrangements while continuing to capture the benefits of more agile workplaces and ways of working.
To assist lawyers in navigating the 'new normal', the Law Society of NSW and NSW Young Lawyers invite you to join a panel of leading industry experts to explore this brave new world of data and technology enabled legal practice and business operation.
Using case studies, the panel will examine:
• How new operating models should be evaluated for ongoing benefits, reliability and resilience.
• Methodologies for mitigating identified legal exposures and managing ongoing legal risks.
• People, processes and practices - matching responsibilities with legal exposures.
• Organisational and individual accountability - re-alignment of roles and responsibilities for the 'new normal'.
• What changes in practice of law will endure beyond managing through COVID-19
The Law Society of New South Wales
NSW Young Lawyers
Professor Pamela Hanrahan
Professor of Commercial Law and Regulation
UNSW Business School
Data Synergies Pty Limited
Date Thursday 3 September 2020
Time 2:30pm - Webcast login
3:00pm - Welcome address
3:05pm - Panel discussion including Q&A
4:30pm - Webcast concludes
Format Online Webcast
CPD 1.5 CPD Units
Cost Member - Complimentary
Non-member - $149