If you are experiencing difficulties coping with the current situation, there are several online services and treatment programs which can help you to understand what is going on for you, and help you to manage better. Many online mental health treatment programs are offered either free of charge, or at reduced cost.
- Head to Health – Head to Health is an Australian Department of Health initiative with a focus on bringing together information about apps, online programs, online forums and phone services of respected Australian mental health organisations. Head to Health has a dedicated COVID-19 page to help support mental health and wellbeing during this pandemic.
- myCompass – Free, personalised mental health strategies to help you manage thoughts, feelings and behaviours that cause you concern.
- Black Dog Institute Online Clinic – Free, mental health assessment tool and personalised report with suggested support services/resources for you to access.
- This Way Up – Online treatment programs, education and research to help improve mental health, wellbeing and physical health difficulties.
- MindSpot – Free, online assessment and treatment for people experiencing stress, worry, anxiety, low mood and depression.
- moodgym – Free, online self-help program designed to help users prevent and manage symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Beyond Blue New Access – Free coaching program to help people cope if feeling stressed, anxious or overwhelmed about everyday life issues (such as work, study, relationships, health or loneliness).
Miriam Wyzenbeek is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, and the Law Society of NSW’s Wellbeing Coordinator.