The Rural Issues Committee monitors legal issues of relevance to rural practitioners and their clients, focusing on the provision of legal education programs of specific benefit to rural practitioners.
These Factsheets have been updated by the members of the NSW Law Society's Rural Issues Committee. They provide practical assistance in areas of rural conveyancing, on the following topics:
- Pre-contractual enquiries
- Vendor statutory disclosure and warranties
- What to ask a vendor's solicitor
- Access and area
- Crown land and related issues
- Native vegetation
- Rural conveyancing and finance
- Mining and coal seam gas land access
- Taxation issues - income tax
- Farm debt mediation
- Rural conveyancing check list
Practitioners acting in transfers for Western Lands Leases should be aware of the fencing requirements of the lease. Non-compliance with boundary fence maintenance requirements by the holder of the lease may effect obtaining the consent to transfer. Further information on this notice.
Rural Issues Conference
Each year the Committee organises the Rural Issues Conference. Featuring an array of presentations from prominent figures, this one-day conference allows practitioners holding NSW Practising Certificates to claim one CPD unit for each hour of instruction.