Specialist Accreditation Scheme
Established in 1992, the Specialist Accreditation Scheme offers members of the Law Society the opportunity to strengthen expertise in a particular area of practice and acquire a reputation for excellence in their chosen fields.
The Scheme’s professional development programs across 14 areas of practice are highly regarded within the profession.
Specialist Accreditation status also enables members of the public to easily identify a solicitor with specific knowledge and skills.
Gaining this recognised mark of distinction provides multiple benefits for individuals and their practices.
Specialist Accreditation helps you to:
- improve your skills and knowledge in a particular practice area
- achieve greater recognition amongst peers
- develop your career
- market your reputation for expertise to the public through use of the exclusive Specialist Accreditation logo
- boost self-confidence in your abilities
- secure advanced standing into selected Masters of Law (coursework) programs.
Employing Accredited Specialists helps firms to:
- build credibility with clients
- gain referral work from the public and peers through registering with the Law Society’s Solicitor Referral Service
- differentiate their services in a competitive legal market.
To submit and Expression of Interest for the 2014 Specialist Accreditation program please click here.
Information for candidates
Information for specialists