Use of the Law Society website is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The Law Society will vigorously protect its legal rights and interests.
While care and diligence have been used to maintain the information on the Law Society website, it may not be accurate, current or complete in all respects and, consequently, the Law Society does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information.
The Law Society website may contain links to other websites. The Law Society does not make any representations or warranties as to the contents of those other websites.
The Law Society disclaims any liability in relation to the contents of its website or any linked websites.
The information provided on the Law Society website is not intended to constitute legal, business or other professional advice. It is provided as general information only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a qualified professional such as a solicitor who is familiar with the facts of your particular circumstances.
The Law Society owns all right, title and interest (including present and future copyright) in the Law Society website. All material including domain names, company and business names, text, graphics, images, photographs, designs, illustrations, diagrams, logos, buttons, icons, software, and all products and services described on the Law Society website (Content) are owned exclusively by the Law Society, its related bodies corporate or others who have licensed their material to the Law Society (unless expressly indicated otherwise).
The Law Society and Specialist Accreditation logos are registered trade marks of the Law Society and may only be reproduced with the written consent of the Law Society. A number of logos appearing on the Law Society website are registered trade marks owned by third parties and have been reproduced on this website with the agreement of those third parties.
The Law Society reserves the right to all other intellectual property that is inherent in other information, products, processes or technologies which form part of this website and are not explicitly licensed.
- permitted under the Copyright Act, including for any fair dealing purposes such as private study, research, criticism or review; or
- authorised in writing by the Law Society.
Enquires should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Linking to the Law Society website
The Law Society requires that the following rules are adhered to when establishing an external link from another website to the Law Society website:
- A link to the Law Society website is to be used only as a 'hot' link (direct link) to a Law Society webpage and for no other purpose.
- A link should preferably be made to the Law Society’s homepage.
- A link to another page on the Law Society website is permitted, but it is suggested that you run an automated link-checker periodically to test the integrity of such link. Information or page structures may change over time.
- You may link to, but not without permission replicate, Law Society content.
- You must not create a browser or framed border environment around Law Society content.
- You must not use the Law Society or Specialist Accreditation logos without the Law Society’s written consent.
- Your website must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
- Your website must not claim or infer the existence of any relationship with, or endorsement by, the Law Society unless you have obtained the Law Society’s written consent.
- Selection of a link from your website to a Law Society webpage, and subsequent page impressions within the Law Society website, will display and retain within the browser software URL information relevant to Law Society webpage addresses.
- The Law Society retains, in its sole discretion, a right to disapprove and seek the removal of any link to its website. If a link is not immediately removed upon request, the Law Society reserves the right to disable that link.
Users of the Law Society website must not:
- undertake data harvesting of personal information from the Law Society website,
- use information obtained from the Law Society website about a person, corporation or other entity to send unsolicited communications to that person, corporation or other entity,
- in any way interfere with access to, or functionality of, the Law Society website or any transaction or process undertaken via the Law Society website, or
- reproduce, incorporate or store any information from the Law Society website, unless the prior written consent of the Law Society has been obtained.
- Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- T: (02) 9926 0333
- F: (02) 9231 5809
- E: email@example.com