Solicitor Referral Service
The Law Society of NSW’s Solicitor Referral Service helps members of the public find law firms that are appropriate for their individual circumstances and needs.
For more information on how the Service assists members of the public, visit the For the Community section of this website.
The Service can also help solicitors identify firms whenever they need agency work.
Firms are encouraged to register with the service. More than 21,000 enquirers are referred during each financial year, making it a significant channel for new business.
- Free service for firms of solicitors and members of the public.
- Trained referral officers tailor each request to location and area of practice, including Specialist Accreditation.
- No obligation for your firm to take on work that is referred through the Service.
- Data protection policy ensures your firm’s details are used only for the purpose of referring clients.
- Find firms for agency work.
How the Service works
Each telephone or email referral contains the contact details of up to three firms. Each online referral contains the contact details of one firm. It is up to the client to make contact with the firms on their list.
The Service is linked to the Law Society’s Registry database. If your firm closes or moves location, we will be notified within one working day. You can remove your firm’s details from the Service at any time to stop receiving referrals.
Request a referral for agency work
There are three ways you can request a referral:
- Call (02) 9926 0300. Lines are open 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Email email@example.com with your request criteria and contact details.
- Complete a referral request online. This is available anytime, including weekends.
How to register
If you are not the principal of your firm, please check with him or her first before proceeding with registration.
- The principal of your law firm must hold an appropriate current Practising Certificate.
- Your firm must be of good standing.