Expert staff at the Law Society can visit law practices’ premises to provide tailored education on best legal practice and procedure.
The Law Society’s in-house costs education addresses:
- the law and practice and any changes as they arise
- quantum of costs including charge-out rates for various matters
- cost disputes
- practitioners’ obligations
- trust account compliance as it relates to legal costs.
Key benefits for law practices
- Designed and customised to integrate with existing in-house learning and development programs.
- Fulfilment of continuing professional development requirements - every hour attended = 1 CLE point.
- Customised content to suit the needs of your solicitors.
- Flexibility to arrange the courses at a time and location of your choice.
- Free to law practices with Law Society members.
In-house costs education is generally aimed at large law practices with more than 21 partners. The Law Society is able to provide this service for smaller practices upon request as long as there is a minimum of 30 participants.
How to apply
For more information please contact Phyllis Peterson or John Fleming in the Legal Costs Unit.
- Legal Costs Unit
- The Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- T: (02) 99260116
- F: (02) 9221 5804
- E: Costs@lawsociety.com.au