Are you looking to start your own legal practice? Maybe you plan on joining an already successful practice as its newest principal? There are a few things you need to know first.
Register for our Practice Management Course and gain the skills you need to succeed as a principal lawyer running a profitable practice. You will be taught how to run an efficient and cost-effective practice by employing business management skills, quality systems, and leadership of your potential employees. Our experienced facilitators will give you the tools you need to provide the highest quality services to clients, to engage your employees and run a successful practice for years to come.
In NSW, lawyers who want to become the principal of a legal practice must undertake a legal practice management course to have Condition 3 removed from their practising certificate. This course fulfils this requirement. Topics covered include:
- finance essentials and taxation strategies
- pricing your services and billing the client
- avoiding pitfalls in trust money and trust records
- leadership and management techniques
- hiring and training reliable staff
- managing risk
- business planning
- marketing methods to grow your business
- attracting and retaining clients
- ethics and responsibility
- Date: 11, 18 and 25 June 2021
- Time: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Venue: The Law Society of New South Wales
170 Phillip St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Tickets: $1,490 (Premium) / $1,750 (Standard)
- CPD: 10 CPD Units
Note: This three day course will be held face-to-face at the Law Society of New South Wales; 170 Phillips Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Some subjects will include online work that either should be completed in advance of the workshop days, which will be made available via the online portal on 28 May.