The Law Society of NSW will be delivering this Practice Management Course entirely online. Some subjects will include online work that either should be completed in advance, which will be made available via the online portal on 5 February 2021.
Are you looking to start your own legal practice? Maybe you plan on joining an already successful practice as its newest principal? There are a few things you need to know first.
Register for our Practice Management Course and gain the skills you need to succeed as a principal lawyer running a profitable practice. You will be taught how to run an efficient and cost-effective practice by employing business management skills, quality systems, and leadership of your potential employees. Our experienced facilitators will give you the tools you need to provide the highest quality services to clients, to engage your employees and run a successful practice for years to come.
In NSW, lawyers who want to become the principal of a legal practice must undertake a legal practice management course to have Condition 3 removed from their practising certificate. This course fulfils this requirement.
Topics covered include:
- finance essentials and taxation strategies
- pricing your services and billing the client
- avoiding pitfalls in trust money and trust records
- leadership and management techniques
- hiring and training reliable staff
- managing risk
- business planning
- marketing methods to grow your business
- attracting and retaining clients
- ethics and responsibility
Online learning portal opens 5 February 2021.
- Date: 12, 19 and 26 February 2021
- Time: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Format: Online course
- Tickets: $1490 (Member) / $1750 (Non-member)
- CPD: 10 CPD Units