Law Society Library Services
The Library is still operational, and we will continue to provide the profession with access to resources from the Law Society Library collection as well as assistance with research.
Please note that whilst access to Level 1 is closed until further notice, the following services are still available:
- The Law Society Library Catalogue
Available 24/7 to search and to check the availability of both hard copy and digital resources. Go to lawsociety.com.au/library and click on the ‘Search the Library catalogue’ option under the Library photo banner. Select the Guided Search option in the left hand menu of the Catalogue to begin your search.
- Requests to borrow hard copy and digital resources
Please email email@example.com
Hard copy resources will be forwarded to you via DX or Express Post.
Sorry - we are unable to put resources aside for you for collection.
- Returning resources
All returns must be made using one of the following methods:
- By post to Level 1, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney NSW 2000; or,
- By DX to 362 Sydney, if you are a member or customer of the DX; or
- By courier using a professional courier service to Level 1, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Sorry - we are unable to receive resources returned in person due to health and safety reasons.
- Research assistance
- Assistance with research such as sentencing statistics, online searches, supply of cases and so on can still be requested. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some services may continue to attract fees which will be quoted for before proceeding.
- The Law Society reception, concierge and mailroom teams are unable to take the return of resources in person.
- Loan periods for hard copy resources have been extended to 14 days to accommodate Australia Post's current delivery timeframes. Loan periods for digital resources remain at 7 days. The renewal of loans is not available at this time.
- The timely return of resources is greatly appreciated.
- Access to the Law Society Library’s online databases remains unavailable.
Thank you for your patience whilst we work through how we can best meet your information needs in this current climate.