The Law Society of NSW is pleased to announce that the NSW Law Careers Fair is back in 2021!
The Law Society of NSW is excited to bring you the NSW Law Careers Fair 2021. To be held at the International Convention Centre Sydney, this event will be run in conjunction with the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) Big Meet Careers Expo.
When Friday 26 March 2021
Time 11:00am - 2:00pm
Location International Convention Centre Sydney
Darling Drive, Darling Harbour
Sydney NSW 2000
Is your head spinning from all the options, pathways and employment opportunities facing you in your final few years of study? Are you starting to think about applying for clerkships or graduate programs? Just want some advice and guidance as you transition from study to the first few years of your career in law? The NSW Law Careers Fair is open to all law students and newly admitted practitioners across NSW and the ACT and is completely free to attend. Get the inside scoop on clerkship and graduate programs and all the tips and guidance you'll need for your future career.
Why attend the NSW Law Careers Fair?
As an attendee, you’ll get to meet and speak with representatives from Australia’s leading law firms, government departments and educational institutions such as:
Attorney-General's Department, Baker McKenzie, Barry.Nilsson., Bird & Bird, Bond University, Clifford Chance, Colin Biggers & Paisley, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Gadens Lawyers, Gilbert + Tobin, Hall & Wilcox, Johnson Winter & Slattery, Jones Day, K&L Gates, legalsuper, LegalVitae, Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Maddocks, McCullough Robertson Lawyers, Mills Oakley, Norton Rose Fulbright, NSW Young Lawyers, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Sparke Helmore Lawyers, The College of Law, The Law Society of NSW, and TurksLegal - with many more to be announced!
Join us for our series of complimentary presentations running throughout the fair which are tailored to answer your questions and to offer career advice, explore first-hand experiences and assist with developing some of the skills that will assist with the transition from study into legal practice.
Places are strictly limited, so do make sure you get to the presentation assembly early - it's first in, first served! Presentation schedule - to be announced!
AAGE Exhibitor Registration Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting your registration, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- You agree that the organisation you represent (as detailed by you in this booking form) will pay the full amount due from this booking.
- You cannot exhibit at The NSW Law Careers Fair until full payment has been received.
- You will receive an automated invoice which is payable by the EARLIER of:
a. 30 days from the date of the invoice; or
b. Thursday 25 March 2021.
If the invoice is not paid within this timeframe, the AAGE/Law Society of New South Wales reserve the right to cancel the booking or to remove the eligibility for any discounted prices.
- Only the exhibitor that is named in this registration can exhibit at The NSW Law Careers Fair. Exhibitors cannot: 'sell on' or share or sublet their booking to other organisations .
- The AAGE/Law Society of New South Wales abide by the ACCC Australian Consumer Law refund policy. No refunds will be given for cancellations. This applies to all registrations received and is enforced irrespective of whether an invoice has been raised or not, or if an invoice remains paid or unpaid.
- The venue does not allow exhibitors to give away substantial food items (e.g. muffins, doughnuts, popcorn) to law students during the NSW Law Careers Fair unless you have completed a food waiver and paid the appropriate venue charge. A small bowl of lollies or chocolates are exempt from this requirement. Please note, this will be the responsibility of the exhibitor to follow up the requirements with the venue contact.
- Your registration may be rejected at the sole and absolute discretion of the AAGE and/or at the sole and absolute discretion of The Law Society of New South Wales.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Given this event is being held in March 2021, we are confident that the NSW Law Careers Fair will be a face-to-face event and we are proceeding with event plans as usual. We will of course be communicating closely with the venue and ensuring that all COVID-19 regulations and relevant government policies, are being followed.
A detailed logistics document will be sent out to all registered exhibitors in early February 2021. We usually send this out prior to the New Year, however, we will send this later to ensure that it contains the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 policies. This document will outline further information relating to each event including the event timetable, stall inclusions, catering, and delivery instructions.
If we are unable to proceed with a face-to-face event, due to venue or government restrictions, a virtual fair will be held instead. Exhibitors can opt to receive a full refund or rollover their booking fee to 2022.
We abide by the ACCC Australian Consumer Law refund policy. No refunds will be given for cancellations if the event proceeds. This applies to all registrations received and is enforced irrespective of if an invoice has been raised or not, or if an invoice remains paid or unpaid.