Think you have the skills to be a real innovator within the legal profession?
Pit your mind against some of the most creative thinkers in the young lawyers legal community as part of our two day Innovation Summit, which combines capacity-building skills workshops with hackathon-style problem solving. Address endemic issues in today’s legal services market and be a thought leader in helping to shape the future of the legal profession.
Choose either to put together a team of 5 of your best problem solvers or we’ll put you on a team of like-minded colleagues and collectively, see if you can solve one of these challenges:
- How might we created new performance measures and economic models for lawyers (i.e. replace billable hours)?
- How might we meet the gap between pro bono legal services and Legal Aid, and full-cost legal services?
- What could be the most effective way to use volunteer lawyers and law students to improve access to justice?
We'll equip you to succeed, with a stage by stage skills workshops on design thinking and pitching ideas; and you'll learn about the ways technology is changing how we practice law and solve legal problems with hands on sessions from Gauri Bhalla, Curious Collective and Jane Hogan, UTS Faculty of Law.
Each team will, over the course of the two days, gain valuable new skills, receive mentoring from senior members of the profession, and develop and pitch their solution to a panel of legal and innovation experts, who will pick a winning team for each problem.
We're not looking for pie-in-the-sky ideas - we're looking for real, implementable solutions. Winning teams may even have the opportunity to work with NSW Young Lawyers to make their idea a reality.
- Date: 22 & 23 September 2018
- Time: Saturday: 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Sunday: 9.30 am - 1.00pm
- Venue: UTS Faculty of Law, Room: 05C.02.10, Level 2, Building 5C (Cnr Quay St & Ultimo Rd), Ultimo NSW 2007
- Individuals: $25.00 pp | REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED
- Teams: $125.00 per team of 5 | REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED