Am I eligible to become an Accredited Specialist?
To take part in our Specialist Accreditation program you must:
- Hold a current solicitor’s practising certificate;
- Be a current solicitor member of the Law Society of NSW or full solicitor member of an equivalent body in an Australian state or territory;
- Be engaged in the practice of law on a full time basis for at least 5 years;
- In each of the three years immediately preceding your application, have been engaged in the area of practice or law in which you would like to become an Accreditation Specialist;
- In the three years preceding this application, have practised in the area for not less than 25% of full time practice.
In relation to any period during which a practitioner has worked part-time in the 3 years preceding this application, the practitioner has undertaken work in this area not less than the equivalent of 25% of full time practice (for example: not less than 2.5 days per fortnight working exclusively in the area).
Note: The definition of a solicitor can be found in s 6 of the Legal Profession Uniform Law (NSW).