Due to government restrictions on mass gatherings – thanks COVID-19 – everyone’s favourite annual event, Golden Gavel, can’t go ahead as usual this year. But don’t you fret… we’ve got this.
Introducing Golden Gavel – Covid Edition
Our 10 brave competitors will be given 24 hours to produce a three to five-minute video which will be uploaded to LSJ.com.au for viewers to vote for their favourite. As always, the NSW Young Lawyers Patron will select the winner and, of course, there will be a People’s Choice Award.
Want to be one of the top 10? Here’s what you need to know:
- Check the eligibility criteria and make sure you qualify to compete.
- Provide a one to three-minute video answering the following question:
What happens during Covid stays in Covid: rewriting the rules about acceptable behaviour while working from home.
- Register for the event and provide your audition video by Friday, 29 May (be sure to include all the info requested in the registration form).
- The application videos will be reviewed and the top ten will be notified on Tuesday, 2 June.
- Bios and photos of the top 10 will be uploaded to LSJ Online on Monday, 8 June.
- Competitors will receive their question at 9am on Thursday, 11 June and will have 24 hours to submit a three to five-minute video (no later than 10am, Friday, 12 June).
- Videos will be live through LSJ Online on Monday, 15 June to Friday, 19 June. Viewers will be asked to vote for their favourite.
- The NSW Young Lawyers Patron will select the overall winner and votes will also be counted for the People’s Choice award.
- The overall winner and People’s Choice Award winner will be announced on Monday, 22 June