The NSW Young Lawyers Workplace & Safety Law Committee are now accepting entries!
The competition is for young lawyers and students interested in workplace and safety law and industrial relations. Named in honour of Emeritus Professor Ron McCallum, a former patron of NSW Young Lawyers and a leading academic expert in the field of labour law and human rights.
The NSW Young Lawyers Workplace and Safety Law Committee strongly encourages interested students and young lawyers to enter the competition. Past winners of the McCallum Medal have gone on to be highly successful in their legal careers – some even securing a place as a judge’s associate as a direct result of the competition!
Good luck – we hope to see you there!
- Date: Thursday 7 November 2019
- Time: 6.00pm - 8.30pm
- Location: Seyfarth Shaw Australia, Sydney Office
Level 40, Governor Phillip Tower
1 Farrer Place, Sydney NSW 2000
- Emeritus Professor Ron McCallum AO
- Vice President Joe Catanzariti of the Fair Work Commission
- Rachel Bernasconi, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw Australia
- To enter the competition, an entrant must select one of the topics attached to these Rules and prepare a presentation on the topic (not exceeding eight minutes in length)
- The entrant must submit a fully completed and signed entry form, accompanied by a 1,550-word written synopsis of their presentation, by 5.00pm on 21 October 2019
- Entrants must choose a topic for presentation from the list of topics attached to these Rules
- Entrants must submit a "written synopsis" of their proposed presentation in the following form:
Part A: Executive summary (max 150 words);
Part B: Article on the topic to be presented (max 500 words);
Part C: Outline of presentation (max 500 words)
- The Presentation Competition Organising Sub-committee reserves the right not to accept synopses that do not comply with Rule 5
- All written synopses and entry forms (attached to these Rules) must be submitted and received by 5.00pm on 21 October 2019. The Presentation Competition Organising Sub-committee reserves the right not to accept synopses received after this time and date
- The synopses may be submitted either:
By email: to the Chair of the NSW Young Lawyers' Workplace and Safety Committee, Philippa Noakes: email@example.com with subject line of 'McCallum Medal competition 2019'
By mail (or hand-delivered to):
The NSW Young Lawyers' Workplace and Safety Law Committee
c/- NSW Young Lawyers' Office
Level 6, 170 Phillip St
Sydney NSW 2000 or DX 362 Sydney
Please note, if you are mailing or delivering your entry by hand it must reach the office by 5.00pm on 21 October 2019