Thought Leadership : Hayne Report: Law, Regulation and Practice
The Final Report of the Financial Services Royal Commission contains some striking messages for lawyers and their clients. Commissioner Hayne has presented fresh views about the scope and operation of basic principles corporate and financial services law and corporate governance. When implemented, his proposals will have dramatic effect on regulators. And they will lead to basic changes on how banks, insurance companies, superannuation funds and financial advisers conduct their business.
Our first Thought Leadership event of 2019, will explore the impact of the Royal Commission report on the law, regulation and the businesses of financial institutions and advisers.
Under the theme Remoulding law, regulation and the financial services industry after Hayne , a panel of experts including Dr. R P Austin (Barrister), Professor Pamela Hanrahan (UNSW) and Michael Vrisakis (Herbert Smith Freehills), will address some important issues facing the legal community in the aftermath of the report.
- Dr R P Austin, Barrister | Remoulding the law
- Professor Pamela Hanrahan of UNSW | Remoulding regulation
- Michael Vrisakis of Herbert Smith Freehills | Remoulding the financial services industry
- Date: Thursday 28 February 2019
- Time: 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Venue: The Law Society of New South Wales
170 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
- Prices: Member - $75 | Register Here
Non-Member - $149 | Register Here
Webcast - $49 | Register Here