The ways in which legal services are delivered have expanded. In response to clients' increasing needs for end-to-end solutions, multidisciplinary practices (MDPs) are growing.
In the first FLIP Buzzwords for 2021 on 24 February, our panellists delved into MDPs and how they provide a one-stop shop for clients by offering value-added and integrated services from both lawyers and non-lawyers.
Our panellists addressed:
- What is a multidisciplinary practice?
- Are non-lawyers within MDPs bound by the same ethics as lawyers?
- Where do we draw the line between legal and non-legal work?
- Will the current business models survive?
- How can you compete against MDPs? Do you need to consider building a whole new model, or acquire or join an existing practice?
- Can collaboration with others in the legal supply chain allow you to focus on areas of expertise?
Watch now to get the buzz on MDPs.
Juliana Warner - Moderator | Read bio
President, the Law Society of NSW
Adam Merlehan | Read bio
Managing Director, Merlehan Group
Jason McQuillen | Read bio
Partner, KPMG Law, KPMG Australia
Terrie Gibson | Read bio
Director, Licensing and Registry, the Law Society of NSW
Glenda Carry | Read bio
Regulatory Compliance Solicitor, the Law Society of NSW
CPD: 1.5 Units, self-allocated
Cost: Member - complimentary
Non-member - $149
Become a member