Increased connectivity is evolving the legal profession and the way legal services are delivered and the spread of networks means that change can happen very quickly. With trade and people crossing borders more frequently than ever before, this raises questions about how we solve disputes and undertake law reform to adapt appropriately to changing behaviours.
Join us at the next instalment of the FLIP Inquiry Series where our panel of experts explore “globalisation” and address:
- How does globalisation impact the legal profession and its legal services for consumers, SMEs and corporations?
- Is cyber security a pressing challenge for a profession that offers trust and confidentiality? Are legal online platforms the real game-changers for legal service delivery as they serve clients wholesomely and virtually?
- How are regulatory and socio-political forces still limiting market forces and restricting the extent to which B2C and B2B consumers can derive more benefit from legal services?
- What are the professional obligations on cross border legal advice?
- Are there international rules and obligations around a range of emerging issues, most notably in technology and innovation?
- Is there international collaboration on regulatory development?
- Is blockchain offering a faster push towards globalisation as people have efficient access to information and commerce?
For lawyers to remain advisers of choice, it will be critical to engage with global trends in various fields of practice so this is a session not to be missed.
- Anna Hinder, Principal, Searl Street Consulting | Read Bio
- Dr Alana Maurushat, Professor of Cybersecurity and Behaviour, Western Sydney University | Read Bio
- Dr George Beaton, Executive Chairman, Beaton Research + Consulting | Read Bio
- Hannah Glass, Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons | Read Bio
- Philippe Doyle Gray, Barrister, 8 Wentworth Chambers | Read Bio
- Michael Tidball, CEO, The Law Society of New South Wales | Read Bio
- Date 19 June 2019
- 5.00pm Registration & Networking
- 5.30pm Session
- 7.00pm Event Concludes
- CPD 1.5 points
- Venue Law Society of NSW, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney
Event sponsored by
It’s tough to stand out in any industry. In law it can feel impossible.
With hyper-competition and commoditisation of legal services, making your firm memorable is a struggle.
FirmChecker shows clients that you’re different – instead of you just telling them.
Go to www.firmchecker.com.au to claim your free profile.