Report on the Commission of Inquiry into the Future of Law and Innovation in the Profession
The Law Society established a commission of inquiry to:
- identify and understand the changes currently affecting the profession
- inform solicitors and to gather data for use in future policy
- place itself at the centre of change, so as to help the profession develop the leadership required to respond to the challenges ahead.
How did the commission work?
The commission of inquiry heard from:
- More than 100 individuals on eight different topics in commission sessions;
- A further 10 individuals from various sectors of the profession;
- The Law Society's Regional Presidents; and
- The Law Society's Legal Technology Committee.
Follow us on Twitter:
FLIP Annual Conference
The Law Society is launching the inaugural Future of Law and Innovation in the Profession (FLIP) Conference in September 2018 to help equip the legal profession with the tools they need to survive and thrive in an ever-changing legal landscape.
Collaboration with UNSW - FLIP Stream
A strategic alliance between the Law Society and UNSW will aim to tackle the challenges of technological change and its impact on lawyers, law and the legal system.
The FLIP inquiry series - Behind the buzz words
A bimonthly series on a range of legal industry “buzz words”. Providing an engaging, thought provoking look at the particular “buzz word” from all angles including ethical, regulatory, risk management, privacy and legal practice perspectives.