CLE Units: 1
Harold Werksman, Head of the Commercial Dispute Resolution practice, Holding Redlich
This seminar will provide practical examples of effective negotiation strategies, which are designed specifically for commercial disputes of all types.
The seminar will cover:
- Objectives - what are you trying to achieve in the negotiation?
- Preparation - structuring dispute resolution processes, pre-negotiation strategies, perceptions of strength and use of documents
- How you should present the argument - use of agendas and silence, seeking common ground, uncovering assumptions and maximising interest
- Effective bargaining - inventing options, use of facilitators, collaborative problem solving, expanding issues, trading concessions
- How to close the deal - effective techniques for reaching closure, drafting terms of settlement.
Our speaker for this seminar is Harold Werksman, Partner, Head of the Commercial Dispute Resolution Group of Holding Redlich.
Harold has particular expertise in alternative dispute resolution with an emphasis on corporate, commercial, contractual and trade practices disputes.
He is an Australilan pioneer in the use of alternative dispute resolution processes.
He is also a specialist accredited mediator and has developed specialised negotiation techniques designed for the resolution of commercial disputes.
David Chau, Lawyer, Esplins Solicitors and Member of the NSW Young Lawyers Business Law Committee
To pay online with your credit card, press the ADD TO CART button below and proceed to CHECK OUT. To receive the member discount make sure you are logged in with your username and password.