The Law Society is offering a free one-day seminar program in Newcastle on 26 April 2012, to assist you to meet part of your Rule 42 MCLE obligations.
The program, which is being held in co-ordination with the Newcastle District Law Society, comprises two 3-hour modules which will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
A minimum number of 30 registrations is required for the program to proceed.
Comments from participants
"Thank you!! For funding and delivering such a program. Very relevant and very informative."
"I learnt so much from the day."
"Good presenter - passionate and knowledgeable. . .well aware of the stresses faced by lawyers."
"it was the best seminar I attended in years. . . I wish I had attended such a seminar in 1963."
These workshops build on the introductory program The Lawyers Guide to Sanity Profitability & Wellbeing.
You will come away with a toolkit of strategies, including case studies, information and resources.
Module 3 - Why zebras don't get ulcers and humans do provides insights and practical strategies to help you:
- respond to stress in the workplace and the effects of poor responses.
- manage workplace situations and the pressures of practice.
- develop a more effective work environment.
Module 5 - Tough Talk provides practical strategies to improve communication skills by:
- understanding the ‘how, when, where, why and what’ of communication.
- canvassing strategies for approaching situations where there is conflict.
- giving you tested principles to assist when negotiating difficult conversations and to identify and manage change.
Cost: The seminar program is free. Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register: complete the registration form.
CLE guidelines: If this program is relevant to your immediate or long-term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks excluded.